Weekly Check In
My shoulder has been feeling better. Minimal grinding, no thunks and clunks. Small clicks only. I was super careful with it all week, but I made a mistake on Thursday. I’m hoping I didn’t destroy all the good that the prolotherapy seems to have done.
My Instagram Post of the Week
- I started Shift by Hugh Howey. It is as compelling as Wool is. I can’t put it down!
- I did very little reading in The Devil on Chardonnay by Ed Baldwin again this week. Blame Hugh Howey. It’s all his fault.
- I’m still reading Assignment in Eternity by Robert Heinlein. It’s a collection of 4 novellas. I’m reading the first one, Gulf, which you can find free online at Baen eBooks. Not a lot of opportunity to read in it this week.
- I read a little bit in The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo. It’s beginning to feel like there will be a third book, which I don’t have. And I will have to get it, because I’m invested in this story.
The Songs of the Week
Good Things that Happened this Week
The coolest thing that happened this week is that I held a graduation celebration for one of our clients. He gave a great speech, and it was an honor to be able to give a speech written for him as a return gift.
Round and About
- The 10 Weirdest Things That People Once Used As Status Symbols
- Highlights from the 2015 Nat Geo Traveler Photo Contest
- How to Smile More Every Day (Even if Life Isn’t Perfect)
- The language of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials
- More links at The Writing Reader Carnival of Creativity for 8/23/15.
- My favorite prompt of the week at The Writing Reader: Prompt #1470 Fearsome Creatures.
Inspiration for the Week
You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace. – Frank McCourt
Monthly Practice toward Inner Peace
I have enjoyed doing the mindfulness practice this month. It incorporated many of the previous practices. It helped me get through the first anxiety and pain of the first prolotherapy treatment without suffering and it’s helped me deal with a lot of change at work. In September, I’ll be focusing on simplifying my life. That will be a real challenge!
My Favorites on Flickr this Week
I hope you enjoyed this! Leave a comment and tell me how your life was this week.